We don’t skimp on the details. Virtually all logs and timbers that go into your Strongwood log home are properly kiln-dried at our Wisconsin headquarters.
Many log home manufacturers advertise kiln-dried logs. The truth is, only a small handful of us offer a log that is fully kiln-dried all the way to its core.
The result? Energy-efficient log walls with airtight joints in a home that’s more cost-effective at the outset and over time.
The benefits don’t stop there. Kiln-drying sanitizes the timbers, making it unnecessary for any harsh chemical treatments. Strength of the logs is increased, and interior and exterior finishes can be applied immediately after construction. Such applications penetrate deeper and last longer in kiln-dried wood.
• Virtually eliminate log shrinkage
• Achieve miniscule log wall settling (just a fraction of an inch)
• Substantially reduced construction costs and trim labor
• Minimize unwanted log checking or cracking
• Eradicate any existing mold or bug larvae